Mrs. Knox and Ellen Repstad, Middle School Principal at Mount Abe, have tentatively selected May 7th at 5pm for the transition information night for MCS parents. Once that date is a lock, I will let you know. Remember, this particular event happens at MCS, though it is entirely a Mount Abe show. The "Meet the Crew" Night takes place at Mount Abe. Ms. Pierpont and I will be having our transition meetings with Mary Barnett, Mount Abe guidance counselor, coming up in the next week or two. On May 6th, we will host a group of Mount Abe students from Monkton to answer questions and talk to our sixth graders. Crew assignments are slated to go out prior to April Break and Meet the Crew should follow suite. As we get dates and information, I will pass them to you.
The MCS Readathon continues and our class is putting on a strong showing as far as average minutes per student. We are in second place for that as of last week. We still only have about 75% participation, so please be sure to fill out and sign the blue reading logs and return them to school on Monday mornings for tallying. Last week, we were honored to have Vermont author Linda Urban as a special guest. Coming up this week, Wednesday, March 18th is Character Dress-Up Day at school. This will be a fun time to get creative. I wonder how many lighting bolt-shaped scars we'll see in the hallways...
Mrs. Murray and Ms. McLane remind us that it’s Talent Show time of year again! Here’s the schedule of events leading up to the show:
- Sign up to try out for the show, outside the Library, from Monday, March 16th through Friday, March 20th
- Auditions: Monday, March 23rd through Friday, April 3rd
- Call Backs: Monday, April 6th through Friday, April 10th
- At-Home Practice: Through Wednesday, April 15th
- MCS Talent Show in the Gym: Thursday, April 16th (time TBA, either 1 or 1:30pm, depending on the number of performances)